TO: All service suppliers holding ClassNK approval.
FM: ClassNK Survey Department (SVD)
SUBJECT: (MSA China) New Regulations on Management for Ship Maintenance and Testing Service
First of all, we appreciate your continuous cooperation as an approved service supplier.
Please be informed that recently, our Chinese survey offices received the notice from Maritime Safety Association (MSA), China, there are some new requirements for service supplier. Although some detailed requirements are still under further clarification by MSA, we would like to draw your attention for this matter.
Summary of new requirements are as follows.
1. Service suppliers such as thickness measurement, firefighting appliance, lifesaving, in water inspection, GMDSS, VDR, NDT, Noise measure and etc. shall have registered entity located in China territory and registered in MSA, China. (All NK approved service supplier in China territory already registered in MSA, China. These service suppliers to be annually verified base on MSA tech. requirement by each Class. In case of failure at annual verification, the company will be deleted from registration)
2. The service company from outside of China territory, which not registered in MSA, China, is not allowed to conduct services/inspections in territory of China.
3. For the services need to be completed in workshop (for example: CO2 bottle pressure test, EEBD pressure test, EPIRB 5 yearly shore based maintenance, life raft service and etc.) to be carried out by approved service company in same province (where service company located and port/shipyard ship stays). If not in same province, (for example, Shanghai located life raft service company carry out life raft service for ships at port in Jiangsu Province) , those services done in workshop to be reported to Class by service company in advance and to be witnessed by class surveyor.
4. All service reports to be issued through MSA web site reporting system.
5. Above requirements come into force on 1st~8th Aug. 2019 trial, 9th Aug.2019 officially.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact NK Shanghai Office (TEL: +86-2162193122, Email:email@example.com).